GRADUATE TUITION FELLOWSHIP (GTF) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Students will be prioritized by cohort; students who started the Ph.D. program most recently will receive GTF awards before students who have been in the program longer.
2. Within cohorts, international students will be prioritized for the receipt of GTF, which is associated with an In-State tuition waiver, based on their greater tuition expenses.
3. Students will be considered to be of a “more recent” cohort if a special situation applies whereby they have not been awarded GTF in previous year(s) because of:
- non enrollment during a previous year or semester due to FML, illness, etc;
- grant or other external support that covered students’ tuition expense/waiver and students did not receive GTF award during that time;
- other circumstances that resulted in the student not receiving GTF in prior years.
- Program Area Coordinator or mentor report of suitable progress through the program (prioritizing students with positive reviews);
- Employment through a departmental assistantship (once again linking assistantship assignments with GTF);
- Documented financial circumstances that would impact the ability to complete the program if GTF was not granted; and/or
- Equitable coverage of students with university funded GTF between the departments comprising doctoral programs.
While these are the requirements for the College of Education, the full Graduate Tuition Fellowship policy can be reviewed, HERE.