Six Reasons to Call Houston Home
Houston — the nation’s fourth-largest city — is bustling with culture and class. Its innovative energy has made it one of the fastest-growing cities and a haven for medical students.
Here are six reasons to call Houston home.
- World-class medical care and innovations. Houston, home to the world’s largest medical center, is a global leader in medical care, research and innovation. We can claim ground-breaking medical advances in cardiology, primary care and cancer care. You will thrive in a dynamic environment built on medicine.
- Houston means business. Known as the energy capital of the world, Houston is home to more than 20 Fortune 500 companies, the fourth highest in the nation. It was named the third best city for young professionals by Forbes Magazine and is a top hub for minority entrepeneurs. Opportunities abound for your spouse or partner.
- It’s affordable. Houston’s cost of living is 26% below the top 20 cities in the U.S. With affordable housing and no city or state income tax, Houston won’t break your budget.
- Culture and class. Houston is the most diverse city in the nation, with more than 145 different languages spoken and one-in-four residents born abroad. Its diversity enriches the city’s cultural entertainment and dining scenes. The Museum District, alone, is home to almost 20 different arts and cultural institutions and its Theater Districts hosts seven different performing arts groups.
- Good eats. With 10,000 restaurants in the city, Houston has something to suit every palate. From award-winning barbecue to innovative fusion cuisine. We offer world-class top chefs and authentic flavors from around the globe. Not surprisingly, Houston was named the "newest capital of great food" by Food & Wine.
- Entertainment – it’s happening here. From professional sports to cultural festivals, concerts to theatrical performances, there is always something happening in the city GQ Magazine called the new capital of Southern cool.